Optimize email management with harmon.ie
harmon.ie for Outlook Knowledge Base - Enterprise Edition
harmon.ie allows you to easily upload incoming and outgoing email messages to SharePoint, using drag and drop, or with the Save Message and Save on Send ribbon buttons.
A few configurations in harmon.ie and in SharePoint allow you to better capture and classify emails uploaded to SharePoint:
- When uploading email messages to SharePoint using harmon.ie, email headers (From, To, CC, Subject, Date, etc.) can automatically be mapped to SharePoint document properties.
- You can force prompting the user to upload sent emails to SharePoint.
- Enable email previewing: The Show Preview command allows you to see a preview of email messages (.msg files) uploaded to SharePoint.
- You can configure searching for emails by email headers (To, Cc, From and Subject).
- You can save email messages with unique names.
- You can save threaded messages to the same SharePoint location.
- If users choose to upload email attachments to SharePoint and replace them with links when sending an email with attachments, you can instruct harmon.ie to verify SharePoint recipients have access to the upload SharePoint location, and warn them if they don't.
- harmon.ie provides an automatic process for uploading and tagging email attachments of a certain document type with a certain subject line.
To force prompting the user to save sent email messages to SharePoint:
You can disable the harmon.ie option Ask me to save email when I send it then the user will always be prompted to save an outgoing message to SharePoint.
To do that, set PromptToSaveEmailOnSend provisioning key to Always, and add the Force = 1 value.
To automatically save threaded messages to the same SharePoint location:
If a message was previously saved to SharePoint, harmon.ie tries to automatically save the replied or forwarded message to the same SharePoint location. You could configure harmon.ie to automatically save email attachments next to the email message, and replace them in the email message with links.
To enable these features set the SaveConversationInTheSameLocation and/or PromptToReplaceAttachmentsWithLinks keys, as explained in Provisioning email upload options.