Welcome to harmon.ie for Outlook
harmon.ie® Outlook is an Outlook email sidebar that provides easy, full-featured access to SharePoint content. You can collaborate on documents, share email using SharePoint, and socialize with your colleagues from the convenience of your email client.
Find out what's new in harmon.ie.
- Drag, drop, share.
- Simply drag email attachments or entire email messages to publish them on SharePoint.
- Share documents/list items easily. Add document/item links to your email message, calendar appointment, or task.
- Replace attachments with links and send email, in one step. When you send a message with an attachment, harmon.ie asks if you want to publish the document and send a link instead.
- Find documents/items easily from
- Locate a document/item using back/forward navigation, history, and favorites, just like in a Web browser.
- Search the contents of documents/items in your current SharePoint site or library.
- Work on SharePoint documents.
- Right click to check out and edit a document. When you're done making edits, check in your changes.
- Edit document properties, directly from Outlook. When you're finished, harmon.ie reminds you to check in your changes. If your company uses required document properties, harmon.ie prompts you to fill them in when uploading your documents.
- Approve documents, view the document history, and more.
- Connect with co-workers and follow their business-related updates via the People tab, in the email sidebar. The People tab provides the following views of colleagues:
- Recent – shows the people with whom you recently interacted.
- Colleagues / Following – shows the people selected as your co-collaborators (SharePoint 2010) or people you follow (SharePoint 2013).
- Updates – provides activity stream of people and documents you follow.
- Search – helps you find people in your organization.
- Yammer integration.
- View your Yammer feed, your co-worker’s feeds, and post new messages and comments, all from within Outlook.
- View and share updates with external networks.
- View and share updates with a specific group.
- No modifications are required to the SharePoint Server infrastructure.
The required software components for harmon.ie are:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 (SP2 or later), or 2007 (SP3 is recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Vista Business, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition, or Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 or later
- Office 365, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0
- SharePoint Foundation
- Skype for Business
- For Lync integration: Microsoft Lync 2013, Microsoft Lync 2010
- For OCS integration: Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
harmon.ie requires the same system requirements as Microsoft Office Outlook.
Main help topics
Getting started with harmon.ie.
Starting the harmon.ie sidebar.
Adding and editing SharePoint sites
Adding SharePoint sites to the sidebar.
Finding SharePoint content
Using the harmon.ie sidebar to navigate or search for SharePoint content.
Working with documents
Working with SharePoint documents from the sidebar.
Working with lists
Working with SharePoint lists from the sidebar.
Working with email
Sharing email and email attachments with your team and sending SharePoint documents as attachments.
Working with people
Using the People tab to find people, view people information, communicate with people, and get updated.
Accessibility and keyboard shortcuts
Using the keyboard to get things done.