Welcome to harmon.ie for Notes
harmon.ie® Notes is a sidebar panel for Lotus Notes that provides easy, full-featured access to SharePoint content. You can collaborate on documents, share e-mail using SharePoint, and socialize with your colleagues from the convenience of your e-mail client. harmon.ie also allows you to integrate your SharePoint calendars into your Notes 9 / 8.5 Calendar application.
Find out what's new in harmon.ie.
- Drag, drop, share.
- Simply drag e-mail attachments or entire e-mail messages to publish them on SharePoint.
- Share documents easily. Add document links to your e-mail message, calendar appointment, or task.
- Replace attachments with links and send e-mail, in one step. When you send a message with an attachment, harmon.ie asks if you want to publish the document and send a link instead.
- Find documents easily from Lotus Notes.
- Locate a document using back/forward navigation, history, and favorites, just like in a Web browser.
- Search the contents of documents in your current SharePoint site or library.
- Work on SharePoint documents.
- Right click to check out and edit a document. When you're done making edits, check in your changes.
- Edit document properties, directly from Lotus Notes. When you're finished, harmon.ie reminds you to check in your changes. If your company uses required document properties, harmon.ie prompts you to fill them in when uploading your documents.
- Approve documents, view the document history, and more.
- Connect with co-workers and follow their business-related updates via the People tab, in the email sidebar. The People tab provides the following views of colleagues:
- Recent – shows the people with whom you recently interacted.
- Colleagues – shows the people selected as your co-collaborators.
- Updates – provides activity stream of people and documents you follow.
- Search – helps you find people in your organization.
- Yammer integration.
- View your Yammer feed, your co-worker’s feed, post new messages and comments all from within Lotus Notes.
- View and share updates with external networks.
- View and share updates with specific group.
- Integrate SharePoint calendars in Lotus Notes.
- Provisioning of preferences by the Domino administrator.
- No modifications are required to the SharePoint Server infrastructure.
The required software components for harmon.ie are:
- IBM® Lotus Notes 8.5 or later
- SharePoint calendar integration is supported only in Lotus Notes 9 / 8.5.x Standard Configuration, and requires the Notes 9 / 8.5 Mail template, respectively.
- Microsoft Windows. See supported versions in detailed system requirements for Lotus Notes.
- Office 365, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2010, Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0.
- SharePoint Foundation.
- For Lync integration: Microsoft Lync 2013, Microsoft Lync 2010.
- For OCS integration: Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.
Main help topics
Getting started with harmon.ie.
Starting the harmon.ie sidebar.
Adding and editing SharePoint sites
Adding SharePoint sites to the sidebar.
Finding SharePoint documents
Using the harmon.ie sidebar to navigate or search for SharePoint documents.
Working with documents
Working with SharePoint documents from the sidebar.
Searching on SharePoint
Searching for content inside documents and searching for people.
Working with e-mail
Sharing e-mail and e-mail attachments with your team and sending SharePoint documents as attachments.
Working with people
Using the People tab to find people, view people information, communicate with people, and get updated.
Accessing SharePoint calendars
Viewing SharePoint calendars from Notes and creating new team events.
Accessibility and keyboard shortcuts
Using the keyboard to get things done.