Restricting the list of SharePoint sites that a user can add to the harmon.ie sidebar can be done using two methods:
- Create a black-list of sites that you want to block. Trying to add a site from this list will result in an error.
- In Outlook only: Create a white-list of sites that are allowed in harmon.ie. Trying to add a site that does not match this list will result in an error.
To restrict the list of SharePoint sites, add the following registry keys: *
|KEY NAME||VALUE Name||VALUE DATA||DESCRIPTION|
|SiteRegistrationPatterns||(Default)||<site URL>;<site URL>;…||A semicolon separated list of allowed site patterns. See examples below.|
|SitesBlockedForRegistration||(Default)||<site URL>;<site URL>;…||A semicolon separated list of collections and sites to block. See examples below.|
|SitesBlockedForRegistration||PathCollectionsWildcardInclusion||<wildcard>;<wildcard>;...||(Optional). A semicolon separated list of all the site collections wildcards that should be blocked. Example: "sites;projects"
If not defined, the "sites" collection wildcard is blocked, when sitename.com/* is used as a blocking rule.
The URLs of the collections and sites that should be blocked or that are allowed can be defined in any of these forms:
- collection1.sitename.com – this collection and its sub-sites are blocked/allowed.
- *.sitename.com - all the host-named collections are blocked/allowed.
- sitename.com/* - this site, its sub-sites and all path-based collections and their sub-sites are blocked/allowed.
- *.sitename.com/* - all is blocked/allowed.
Note: sitename.com can be interpreted as sitename.com OR subdomain.sitename.com.