Email TeamMate administration guide
Email TeamMate™ is a Teams app that allows you to share emails in Teams conversations. TeamMate is available from the Microsoft AppSource Store, and may be used in Microsoft Teams for desktop and for mobile.
For harmon.ie customers, Email TeamMate is included with existing harmon.ie One subscriptions. Sign into your harmon.ie download area to receive your coupon for Email TeamMate.
To install Email TeamMate for a single user:
- Open Microsoft Teams and select Apps.
- Search for Email TeamMate.
- Select the Email TeamMate app and then click Add to install it.
Email TeamMate is added to the app bar of Teams conversations.
- The first time you open the app, you are asked to sign in to the app. Click Sign in and supply your Microsoft 365 credentials.
- You are prompted to grant TeamMate access permissions. Click I agree to proceed.
To centrally install Email TeamMate for a group of users or for the whole organization:
- To allow the app to all users, open Microsoft Teams admin center > Teams apps > Manage apps.
- Search for Email TeamMate and slide the Status switch to Allowed.
- To install the app to all users, go to Teams apps > Setup policies and select the policy under which you want to install TeamMate.
- Under Installed apps click Add apps and then search and select Email TeamMate.
- Click Save.
- A Microsoft 365 global admin has to grant Email TeamMate access permissions for the entire organization, by clicking this consent link.
- Subscribe the app to all users.
- Your TeamMate subscription can only be used in the Microsoft 365 tenant it was purchased in.
- If you purchased TeamMate for x users, the first x users that sign in to the app are automatically registered.
To subscribe to Email TeamMate:
- Install the app for yourself, if it's not already installed, and launch it by clicking the TeamMate icon ().
- Click the Subscribe button.
- Specify the number of users for which you want to purchase the app.
- If you have a coupon *, click Apply coupon and enter your coupon code.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Add your billing address and click Next.
- Add your payment details (not required if you have a coupon) and click Next.
* For harmon.ie customers, Email TeamMate is included with existing harmon.ie One subscriptions. Sign into your harmon.ie download area to receive your coupon for Email TeamMate.
Email TeamMate requested permissions
TeamMate uses Azure Active Directory v1.0 endpoint's permissions and consent.
The requested permissions and why they are required are listed in the Microsoft 365 App Compliance Program.
- Email TeamMate only asks for delegated permissions, and not for application permissions. The effective permissions are the least privileged intersection of the delegated permissions Email TeamMate has been granted (through consent) and the privileges of the currently signed-in user. Email TeamMate cannot have more privileges than the signed-in user. As a result, TeamMate users can never access content they are not authorized to view. For more information, read Permissions and consent in the Azure Active Directory v1.0 endpoint.
- The only permission Email TeamMate stores is User.Read. We save the user name of signed-in users for identifying them through various platforms.
To verify that Email TeamMate consent is properly configured:
To verify that TeamMate requested permissions are probably configured:
- Open Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications.
- Search for the TeamMate Application ID: 74a31d8c-1ee9-4fb8-bc22-640ba5f457f4.
- Click the TeamMate app and select Permissions.
- Verify that all permissions are marked as granted.