harmon.ie SmartAssistant™ setup
harmon.ie for Outlook Knowledge Base
harmon.ie SmartAssistant™ integrates harmon.ie with Teams channels, allowing users to capture and share emails and attachments in Teams channels. This feature can be enabled when working with Office 365.
This article explains how to configure harmon.ie SmartAssistant™ for new and existing harmon.ie users.
Setup for new and existing users:
- Log into the download area and click the Outlook Edition with Enabled Teams Integration link.
- To download this package, login as an Office 365 global administrator and Accept the requested permissions. This step is done once for all harmon.ie users. Here are the requested permissions, and why they are required:
- Read all files that user can access ‐ get all files the signed-in user can access.
- Read all groups ‐ get the list of the Teams and Groups the singed-in user is a member of.
- Read and write all groups ‐ get the list of the Teams and Groups the singed-in user is a member of.
- Read items in all site collections ‐ get the documents of all Teams, Groups and site collections the signed-in user can access.
- Sign in and read user profile ‐ get the details of the current user's profile.
- Access mailboxes as the signed-in user via Exchange Web Services ‐ save and retrieve emails from the Team mailbox.
- Access the directory as the signed-in user ‐ authenticate the user.
- After accepting the requested permissions, harmon.ie is automatically downloaded.
- Install harmon.ie to all users.
- Instruct your users to launch harmon.ie, click the Let's Begin button, and select their favorite teams and channels.
- Emails formatted as RTF cannot be saved to a channel.
- Archived Teams are not marked as such. As a result, users may try to save emails to archived Teams and fail.
- If the Team was created from an existing team, the channel's corresponding SharePoint folder is not created immediately. As a result, upload to newly created teams may fail. To fix this, manually access the channel's Files tab. This action creates the channel's folder. Then, try again.
Manually enable Teams integration:
If you downloaded the harmon.ie Enterprise package that doesn't include the enabled Teams integration, you can still enable Teams integration manually:
- An Office 365 global administrator should click the Consent link for integrating with Teams channels. See list of requested permissions above.
- Add the SupportTeamChannels String Value to the Office365GroupsInfo provisioning key, and set its value to True for all users. You may use this sample registry file for assistance.