Start a pilot of harmon.ie Mobile
harmon.ie Mobile Knowledge Base - Enterprise Edition
How to start a pilot of harmon.ie Mobile?
Follow this procedure to install harmon.ie Mobile for a pilot group or for the whole organization:
- Obtain your setup files.
- Setup the SharePoint environment.
- Centrally provision harmon.ie.
- Optionally, wrap harmon.ie for MDM.
- Install harmon.ie for a group of users.
- Provide training material.
Obtain your setup files
- Sign into your download area. It is recommended to use Internet Explorer.
Use the user name and password you received in the harmon.ie Order Fulfillment email.
- The first time you access the download area, you need to accept the harmon.ie EULA.
If you experience any problems accessing the download area, or accepting the EULA, please contact harmon.ie support.
- Download instructions:
- The mobile client is usually downloaded by all users from the App Store / Google Play.
If you wish to work with MDM, you can configure the MDM to push the application to all users. Make sure you download the correct client, according to the download table below.
- Download the harmon.ie for Mobile license file from the download area, in the License File(s) table.
- It is recommended to sign the provisioning file (see below). Download the Signing tool and Signing Key (organization key), from the table harmon.ie Mobile License, Server, to do this.
- If you are working with SharePoint on-premise (2010 or 2013), and wish to track and manage the list of users using harmon.ie, download the server component that matches your SharePoint version: Server Component – SharePoint <version> (in the table harmon.ie Mobile License, Server).
harmon.ie app download table
Setup the SharePoint environment
You must setup a SharePoint server for harmon.ie, with the license file you downloaded from your download area, and, preferably, the provisioning file that you will create in the next step. Otherwise, the harmon.ie app will not work.
Centrally provision harmon.ie
You can centrally provision harmon.ie with SharePoint sites, favorites, and default settings. This allows all users to start working with the same settings.
There are several methods to provision harmon.ie. Here is the recommended method:
- Prepare harmon.ie app for exporting settings.
- In your app, add the SharePoint site on which you saved the license file. When this site is provisioned, the harmon.ie app is automatically activated for the users. Otherwise, they have to manually add this site in order to activate harmon.ie.
- Add the SharePoint social server, which is the SharePoint server running the User Profile service application. By defining this site, users have access to these social features:
- You may define favorites, and change the default settings of harmon.ie.
- When done, export your settings to create a provisioning file.
- If required, you may edit the file manually. Here is the full information on what can be centrally provisioned. We recommend that you start by setting the following keys:
- hideSocialFromNavigation: Set to true if the social server does not include documents and should be hidden from the sites list.
- hiddenLibraries: Hide SharePoint libraries and technical lists non-relevant to the users. For example: Site Assets, Form Templates, and Style Library.
- shareLocations: Set to true to share sites and favorite locations across harmon.ie clients (email and mobile).
- Sign the file. When the provisioning file is signed, users see the company name with the provisioning notification, and are assured that the file is received from their company’s administrator.
- Copy the file to the SharePoint server on which you saved the license file. If you are working with BlackBerry or with MobileIron (ME), insert the provisioning file URL to the MDM management app, as explained in harmon.ie for BlackBerry and in harmon.ie for MobileIron.
- Send an email to all users with harmon.ie protocol link pointing to the SharePoint server on which you saved the license file. This email should be opened in harmon.ie as explained in the installation instructions below.
For other provisioning methods, read Provision harmon.ie Mobile to all users.
Wrap harmon.ie for MDM
This step is required only if you are working with Citrix, or with another MDM that requires wrapping.
- If installing harmon.ie Mobile on iOS, with Citrix: follow the directions in Integrate harmon.ie with Citrix.
- If installing harmon.ie Mobile on Android, with an MDM that requires wrapping: download the APK package from your download area and wrap it according to the MDM instructions.
Install harmon.ie for a group of users
- Instruct all users to download and install harmon.ie Enterprise from the App Store / Google Play. Make sure to point to the correct app according to the harmon.ie app download table.
- Instruct all users to open the email you sent them with the harmon.ie protocol link, and:
- In iOS: tap the attached link.
- In Android: tap and hold the attached link and select Share > harmon.ie.
This adds the SharePoint server on which you saved the license and provisioning files to the user’s mobile app, which triggers the license registration and provisioning.
Provide training material
To be notified on our new product releases, you can subscribe to our blog.