- Pricing Plans
Looking for documents
By default, you see all your documents in the documents list; this includes documents you own and documents that have been shared with you. You will not see hidden or trashed documents.
The harmon.ie sidebar lets you quickly locate specific documents, in these ways:
- Views: a view is a subset of your documents, that meets a certain criterion. Examples of view are Spreadsheets, Starred, and Owned by Me. You can select a view from the view bar at the bottom of the sidebar or from the navigation bar at the top.
- Search: Search for documents with a certain title or containing certain text.
- Folders: to view a folder that you have created, or that was shared with you, select the Folders view, then click the arrow to the right of the navigation bar and select a folder or a subfolder. Alternatively, double-click a folder in the documents list to view its contents. Read Navigating between folders for more information.
- History: Use the Back and Forward navigation buttons to switch between recent views. Hold the mouse button to open a list of recent locations.
- Refresh: Click the Refresh button to refresh the documents list and see what has changed on the server.
- Sort: Click the arrow next to the Sort button to sort the documents list by Title, Owner, Last Modified or Modified by. Click the Sort button again to reverse the sort order.
Still can't find your document?
- Select the Hidden view, to see if your document was hidden.
- Select the Trash view, to check if your document was accidently deleted (if you have deleted it from the trash already, it is permanently deleted).
Selecting a document view
A view is a subset of your documents, that meets a certain criterion.
To select a view:
- Click a button from the view bar. The sidebar is usually too narrow to show all views. In this case, select the arrow to the right to see the rest of the views.
- Click the arrow in the navigation/search bar and select a view.
- or -
The available views are:
- All Items: shows all documents that you own and have been shared with you, including documents that are assigned to folders; you will not see documents that you have hidden or sent to Trash.
- Documents: shows all your Google Docs items that are of the Document type.
- Spreadsheets: shows all your Spreadsheets.
- Presentations: shows all your Presentations.
- PDF Files: shows all your PDF files.
- Folders: lists all the folders you've created, or that were shared with you.
- Starred: shows documents and folders you have marked with a star (use stars to mean whatever you like).
- Owned by Me: shows documents you are the owner of. You own documents that you have created, or if someone assigned you as being the owner.
- Opened by Me: lists documents that you have opened.
- Shared with Me: shows documents and folders that others have shared with you.
- Hidden: lists documents and folders that you have hidden from the main documents list view.
- Trash: is where documents and folders you delete end up; they stay in the trash until you delete them from there, and then they are permanently deleted.
Note: Google Forms are supported, but due to Google's API implementation, they are not shown in the Spreadsheets view. You can find your Google Forms in the All Items view, or using search. Opening a form from the harmon.ie sidebar opens it as expected.
Note: Due to a limitation in the Google Docs API, Google Documents of type Drawing are currently not shown in the document list.
Folders can help you to organize your documents. You can assign a document to one or more folders and you can create folders inside folders.
To navigate between your folders:
- Click the arrow in the navigation bar and select Folders.
- Click the arrow to the right of Folders and select the required folder.
- To go to a subfolder, click the arrow to the right of the parent folder, and then click the subfolder.
- The navigation bar shows you the breadcrumbs to the current folder. You can click each element in the navigation bar to view this location.
To search for document with a certain word in the title or contents:
- Define the search scope: The search is performed in the current view. If the current view is a folder, the folder is searched recursively for documents.
- Type the search term in the navigation/search bar. The documents list will be filtered as you type and show you the matching documents. If the current view is not All Items, a drop-down list opens when you start typing allowing you to expand the search view to Search All Items.
These search operators can be used to enhance your search:
- Quotes for exact phase matching. Example: [ "match this phrase exactly" ]
- OR to allow either one of several words. Example: [ "tacos" OR "nachos" ]
- Negation. Example: [ salsa -dancing ]. This will include items with salsa recipes, but not items about dancing.
- "from:" or "to:" to find a document someone shared with you or a document you shared with someone: [ from:email@example.com ] or [ to:firstname.lastname@example.org ]